Scaling through partners
To scale our impact we partner with organizations and initiatives worldwide.
SFC formed the Global Logistics Emissions Council (GLEC) in 2014 with more than 150 leading companies, industry associations, programs, experts and other organizations. Our Advisory Council of leading experts from academic institutions, international organizations and businesses ensures that SFC’s activities are best positioned to achieve our mission.
We have formal partnerships with BSR, CDP, World Business Council for Sustainable Development, and take part in various councils, including the WEF Global Future Council on Mobility, the UN-led Global Green Freight Action Plan, the Action towards Climate-friendly Transport Initiative (ACT), and the ALICE European technology platform for logistics.
SFC is a non-profit organization for the benefit of society as a whole. Charitable funds therefore continue to be essential for us to develop global standardized guidelines and advocacy work where the sector and society as a whole benefits. Our funders are Shell Foundation, Hewlett Foundation, Trafigura Foundation, UPS Foundation, Energy Foundation China, WeMeanBusiness and the European Commission.
Companies and organizations contribute to projects financially or in kind, and pay for services that benefit them directly, such as advice, assessments, training and workshops. Services can be either provided by SFC or our accredited and licensed partners.Learn more about SFC
SFC is supported by a network of strategic partners that share our vision of a zero-emissions freight and logistics. They work with Smart Freight Centre on guidelines, development and projects.
Partners in numbers
Associations & Organizations
We partner with associations and organizations all over the world for expert knowledge and to reach out to industry, government and other stakeholders.
Leading companies join our councils and events to provide industry knowledge and we jointly work on industry guidelines and advocate for industry-wide uptake.
Programs & Initiatives
To scale our impact we collaborate with programs and initiatives that focus on climate and sustainability in the freight or transportation sector or broader society.
Our Friends support the GLEC mission, stay informed on GLEC and related developments, participate in GLEC webinars and events, and are willing to share experiences and help raise awareness. A selection of our 100+ SFC Friends is listed below.
Amer Sports Europe Services •Anheuser-Busch InBev •Audi AG •Baxter •BDP International •BNSF •Bury sp. z.o.o. •Delmar International •DSV-Panalpina •Ewals Cargo Care •Expolanka / EFL •FM Logistic•Gebrüder Weiss GmbH •H&M •H.Essers •Henkel Global Supply Chain BV •Hapag-Lloyd •Kotahi Logistics •LyondellBasell •MainFreight •Mars •Michelin Group •Mondelēz International •Ocha Ocha GmbH •OIA Global •Proximus •Prysmian Group •RCS Logistics •Rola-Trans •ROOTS Ltd •Samsung SDS •Savino Del Bene •Silo Jelicic doo •Smurfit Kappa •Sovereign Speed • Syngenta •Tetra Pak •XPO Logistics Europe •UPS (United Parcel Services)
4FOLD/HCI •Advantika •Agencia de Sostenibilidad Energética •Appanion Labs •Bioregional •Carré Publishing Ltd •bp2r •Dalco e.U. Dauser Logistics Concepts •Energy Saving Trust •ERG •Good Shipping •Green Element/Compare Your Footprint •The FReMCo Group •Last mile team •Moretimer •Mixmove •PCA Group •Project Verte •PSA Cargo Solutions •Scope3 •Swivel Software •The Return Company •Re>Pal Indonesia •Transporeon GmbH •Transficient •US Gain •Information Systems for Social Impact Research Group, Swinburne University •Xavier Lluch Assessoria i Serveis
Our Expert partners provide knowledge and expertise to our projects and guidelines.
- David Cebon, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Cambridge
- Marc Cottignies, Ingénieur expert, ADEME
- Kerstin Dobers, Senior Scientist, Fraunhofer IML
- Chris Douglas, Technical Director, Freight Transport, WSP UK Ltd
- Cristiano Façanha, Global Director, CALSTART
- Suzanne Greene, Global Procurement Sustainability and Advocacy Leader, DOW
- Conor Molloy, Director, Authentic Energy Management Services
- Jan Fransoo, Professor of Operations Management and Logistics, University of Tilburg
- Mark Gjerek, Director, Mov3ment
- Alan McKinnon, Professor of Logistics, Kühne Logistics University
- Paul Nordengen, Director, Road Transport Management Systems
- Buddy Polovick, Environmental Protection Specialist, USEPA
- Brian Robinson, Programme Manager (Freight), Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership
- Michael Roeth, Executive Director, NACFE
- Andy Salter, Managing Director, DVV Media International
- Martín Tanco, Director, CINOI Universidad de Montevideo
- Jorge Tesler, Director, Centro de Logistica Sustentable
- Ian Wainwright, Director, Future City Logistics
- Patrick Van De Vyver, Sustainability Consultant, MIXMOVE