What is ZEFI?
The Zero Emission Freight Initiative (ZEFI) supports freight transportation to achieve zero emissions, and promotes China's transportation sector to achieve carbon peaking and carbon neutrality.
ZEFI is a non-profit, voluntary partnership that aligns research institutions, OEMs, key equipment and parts production and suppliers, energy production and suppliers, shippers, logistics and transportation companies, industry associations and other relevant stakeholders. They do this in order to join force in accelerating China’s logistics industry transforming towards efficiency and zero emission.
Commercial vehicles are the main body of oil consumption and transportation carbon emissions, and promoting zero emissions of commercial vehicles is of great significance to promote the early realization of "carbon peak" and "carbon neutrality" in transportation. ZEFI aligns think tanks, research institutions, OEMs, key equipment and parts production and suppliers, energy production and suppliers, cargo owners, logistics and transportation companies, industry associations and other stakeholders to exchange information, building consensus pathways towards zero emissions freight, with a focus on zero emission heavy duty vehicles.Learn more about ZEFI's through their website (in Chinese)
ZEFI supports freight transportation to achieve zero emissions, and promotes China's transportation to achieve carbon peaking and carbon neutrality.
ZEFI's Charter contains :
- ZEFI's vision, mission and scope of work
- Describes how ZEFI drives stakeholders to build, consolidate and strengthen consensus on zero-emission freight transport
- Introduces the conditions for membership as well as related rights and obligations
Download the ZEFI Charter for more detail here.
ZEFI Events 2023
- March 21 – ZEFI Annual Summit with a Government - Company policy dialogue session and a Steering Committee session (Program progress review, White paper release, 2023-2025 work priorities and work plan)
- April - Deep dive session on fiscal and tax policies for new energy trucks
- June - Deep dive session on the selection of new energy trucks in different application scenarios
- August - Deep dive session on new energy vehicle charging and swapping technology types and application characteristics
- October - Deep dive session on the application of hydrogen fuel heavy trucks and hydrogen energy
- December - 2nd year ZEFI Annual Summit
How can you get involved?
Multinational companies that are interested in joining the Zero Emission Freight Initiative can contact the ZEFI secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org, +86 18612228406